SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
1961 Cooper T53, No.18 Gp , John Surtees por S3515 German Spark nvjnsz6362-Cars, Trucks & Vans
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item (including handmade items). See the seller's ... Read moreabout the condition
|Fabricante Del Vehículo:||Cooper|
|Tipo de vehículo:||Cars||Material:||de metal|
- Hasegawa 1 200 Hokkaido International Airlines AIR DO Boeing 737-500 Bear d
- SPARK MODELL S5099 CITROEN C-ELISÉE N.11 R2 KATAR 2016 G.DEMOUSTIER 1 43 DIE
- Games Workshop Warhammer 40k Ork Nob with Waaagh Banner Metal New BNIB WH40K
- Land Raider Crusader Grey Knights soldier painted action figure Warhammer 40K
- greypner – Digital Servo des 804 BB, 20 mm (7950)
- 1497 BLI California Zephyr Vista Dome Car w Conductor's Window CB&Q
- Märklin 39556 Dampflokomotive Bayriche Gattung G5 5 DRG Ep.II MFX Sound NEU
- Lesney Matchbox.16C Scammell SnowPlow GPW 1964
- NOREV 740080 SEAT 127 BROWNY RED DIECAST MODEL CAR
- AUDI TT COUPE 1998 red 1 18 MINICHAMPS 155017022 NEU
- AUTOART 79111 LAMBORGHINI CENTENARIO (BIANCO ISIS SOLID WHITE) 1 18TH SCALE
- 1966 PONTIAC GTO ROUTE 66 nice bluee color 1 18 W COIN
- Hot Wheels Ai Intelligent Race System Starter Kit NEW
- FORD F350 Ambulance Air Force (1982) silverINA diecast 1 43 New Condition toy
- Corgi The South Down Gallopers scale 1 50 CC20401 BRAND NEW
- Tin Wizard SB 1 43 - VW Karmann Ghia 1955 bluee
- GMP 7610 No.2 Jud Larson A J Watson Sprint Car 1 18
- Russian 4K51 Anti-ship Missile ASM W P-15 1 35 Model 01035 Trumpeter Plastic
- (1, classic) - Learning Resources Math Marks the Spot. Huge Saving
- Fingerlings LOT Monkey Bar, GIgi Unicorn Toys R Us Exclusive & Alika Unicorn New
- Pocher HO - 3 cars mix lot
- Athearn Kit built Sante Fe Boxcars x 5. Numbered. Excell cond. HO scale. No Box
- Tech Mix Gimix Hc07 Air Self Defense Force Ch-47J Rescue Team 50Th Anniversary
- Porsche 911 (996) Soft Top - 1 18 - UT Models
- MÄRKLIN MARKLIN 0 Ref. 1040 Loco a molla - buone cond. rarità anno 1928 ++++
- MÄRKLIN SPUR 1 CONTAINERWAGEN MUSEUMS-ERÖFFNUNG 2001 M577
- Faller B-216 Échelle Ho Petit Amovible Maison Bâtiment Modélisme Ferroviaire Kit
- BRAWA 41514 H0 Diesellok BR 294 Cargo DB V AC Sound Digital Extra
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn